Privilege and demonisation
- May 30, 2020
Who likes orgasms? OMGYES is basically the Oprah of sexual pleasure. You get an orgasm! You get an orgasm! You get an orgasm!...Read More
An astounding thing happened last night. Jacinda Ardern became the Prime Minister Elect...Read More
1. How prevalent is sexual harassment in New Zealand? Kiwi women start speaking out after Weinstein scandal.
2. Who killed Panama Papers...Read More
1. Why won’t the men of Hollywood speak out against Weinstein? The Guardian reached out to 20 men. All of them...Read More
There comes a time in every year when I want to crawl into bed with a bottle of wine, a full season of my current Netflix addiction, a tub of ice...Read More
Sometimes, a text of encouragement is all you need. Even when you’re creating a brand new show that is due to go on stage in less than a week. No...Read More
1. Can Dame Tariana Turia save the Māori Party? Iconic politician announces return from retirement after shock election result.
2. Were...Read More
1. Did you vote on Suffrage...Read More
Tomorrow, the 19 th of September...Read More
1. Do you think New Zealand history should be better taught in New Zealand schools? Two former...Read More
Māori Language Week fills me with all kinds of emotions. As a Māori woman who is now learning her language in her...Read More
1. Will this election finally bring about the legalisation of...Read More
1. How long have women known that the pay gap is because of sexism? New research finally shows...Read More
Young Māori designer Adrienne Whitewood is staging her first...Read More
1. Is Australia finally going to confront its awful history? Two councils take a stand against Australia...Read More
The story of Cinderella is...Read More
1. Will creepy dudes think twice before groping women after Taylor Swift’s victory?...Read More
Everyone loves a rags-to-riches story. But you might not have heard this one:
Once upon a time there was a girl brought up in a brothel...Read More
1. Will firing author of sexist missive do anything to fix Google’s gender problems? Tech giant reportedly fires engineer who suggested that women...Read More
1. Will Jacinda Ardern be able to propel Labour to a...Read More
1. Since when did an audience of Boy Scouts become an appropriate crowd for a rally? Trump uses Boy Scouts address to bash “fake news” and...Read More
The internet has been a slippery place this week; made perilous by the constant drip of...Read More
1. Would you like a side of sexism with your golf? The LPGA announces new restrictive dress code for female players.
2. When will Saudi...Read More
1. What kind of country investigates women for trying to feed their children? Ours, apparently. Ministry...Read More
Villainesse: What inspired you to write Powerful ?
Tali: The song is a culmination of things. Firstly, I have had various conversations...Read More
1. How did this creepy cop manage to target women for years without getting caught? Former cop sentenced after using police computer system to...Read More
1. How awesome is the White Ferns’ Sophie Devine? Cricket star smashes nine sixes to take the world record for the most sixes scored in an ODI as...Read More
1. What the hell was the person who wrote this ad thinking? Ad seeking vet says the role won’t suit someone looking to “take time off for...Read More
1. Can John McEnroe just stfu and leave Serena Williams alone? Aged tennis player...Read More
When you’re 10, do you know what really sucks? Getting your period. I can confirm the suckiness of this situation, because I was about a month...Read More
As the saying goes, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. In 2017, I think we can quite reasonably say that Mother Nature is pissed.
My love affair with high-heeled shoes began early. I bought my first pair of stilettos at the tender age of thirteen. To this day, I remember them...Read More
1. Can we please all agree not to attack kids? Twenty-two confirmed dead after reported suicide...Read More
It's hard to believe that it's been two years since Villainesse was launched. Today we are thrilled to be celebrating our second birthday with the...Read More
These days, most of my emails begin with: “I’m so sorry for the late reply! I’ve been snowed.” At the surface level, the expression sounds quaint...Read More
For those of us old enough to remember 1999, the name TrueBliss brings about a wave of nostalgia. I must’ve been 10 when I lined up at the door of...Read More
1. Will National lose itself in the music of its 2014 ad campaign? Eminem’s case against the National...Read More
1. Should Australia be on alert for a possible nuclear attack? North...Read More
1. What will the legendary Helen Clark do next? Aunty Helen finishes up her stint at...Read More
With The Bachelor upon us once again, I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that the catfight is about to come back into the media vogue. Big...Read More
When it comes to the law, we don’t often focus on the unpopular side of the story. In a democracy such as our own, however, a key part of our...Read More
A report released today by the Ministry for Women has found that the difference between the earnings of men and women can’t be explained by...Read More
Revolution. The word was confronting once, before the term ‘social justice warrior’ became pejorative, when activism...Read More
1. Can Family First please stay OUT of girls’ toilets? Extreme conservative lobby group produces videos
2. When will we be able to speak...Read More
1. What happened in Sweden? Even Sweden’s leaders don’t know what Donald Trump is talking about.
2. Will the jury be able to agree upon...Read More
1. Will the victims of childhood abuse at the hands of the state finally receive answers? The Human Rights Commission calls for an inquiry....Read More
1. Will Trump’s travel ban targeting Muslims be found to be unconstitutional? White...Read More
1. Have you seen Carissa Avison? Police continue for missing...Read More
1. Is “alternative facts” what we call lying now? Kellyanne Conway spins us around so...Read More
January always seems to pass in a haze. By the time I can figure out...Read More
1. Who run the world? GIRLS.
2. Are we peddling false advertising with...Read More
First published on Monday the 11th of April, 2016, this piece was the most read Villainesse story of 2016.
Over the weekend Henderson...Read More
First published on Saturday the 7th of May, 2016, this piece comes in at number 2 in the top 30 most read Villainesse stories of 2016.
First published on Monday the 18th of April, 2016, this piece comes in at number 3 in...Read More
First published on Saturday the 1st of October, 2016...Read More
First published on Sunday the 26th of June, 2016, this piece comes in at number 10 in the top 30 most read Villainesse stories of 2016.
First published on Saturday the 4th of June, 2016, this piece comes in at number 11 in the top 30 most read Villainesse stories of 2016.
First published on Thursday the 12th of May, 2016, this piece comes in at number 12 in the top 30 most read Villainesse stories of 2016.
First published on Monday the 12th of December, 2016, this piece comes in at number 13 in the top 30 most read Villainesse stories of 2016....Read More