TOP 30 OF 2017 - 2. Why do we worship the All Blacks and not the Black Ferns?
- Jan 20, 2018
Once upon a time, so I’m told, New Zealand had a range of current affairs programmes. Covering stories from small...Read More
1. Should stores sell padded bras to young girls? UK retail chain Primark...Read More
1. What's so scary about girls wearing trousers? The mere though apparently has...Read More
1. What's Trump' s problem...Read More
1. Doesn't the Government have better things to do than investigating things Metiria Turei said she did in the 1990s? We'd hope so, but the...Read More
1. Can we talk about homelessness in Aotearoa? We have more homeless people as a percentage of the total population than any developed nation....Read More
1. So why, exactly, is the morning after pill so expensive? UK pharmacy chain Boots has said it is “truly sorry” for the way it responded to a...Read More
1. Why is the BBC paying women less than men? Ten female presenters are reportedly considering suing the BBC over its recently-revealed massive...Read More
1. Can we talk about Aotearoa's persistent pay gap? The Ministry for Women has launched the first step of a plan to close the gender pay gap in...Read More
1. How is what you're doing OK, Saudi Arabia? The woman filmed...Read More
1. When will the world do something about...Read More
1. Who would ever think it's OK for men to determine if women can get an...Read More
1. Is the fact just one of the 50 NZX CEOs is a woman disappointing? Duh.
2. How kickass is Scotland right now? The government will run...Read More
1. How effing disgusting is it that Betsy DeVos is meeting with the "men's rights" crowd to discuss sexual assault? She should be fired,...Read More
1. How will the Trump fanboys spin this? An email has...Read More
1. Ivanka Trump, leader of the free world?...Read More
1. Is Merkel's eye roll at Putin all of...Read More
1. Would you protest against the NRA? The Women's March is organising a protest against the infamous US-based pro-gun group.
2. Do bare...Read More
1. Are sex robots a form of misogyny?...Read More
1. High noon in North Korea? The country has just successfully...Read More
1. Will anything end America's addiction to guns? Two mass shootings in two days. But, sadly, what else is new?...Read More
1. Can we talk about sexual harassment in Silicon...Read More
1. How high...Read More
1. Do you agree with the Government's decision to grant Trump ally Peter Thiel...Read More
1. Have you updated your computer? You should in order to protect it from Petya, the new virus that's spreading like wildfire...Read More
1. If we're producing a record amount of milk, why aren't prices going...Read More
1. Could soft drinks be on their way out of NZ primary schools...Read More
1. Can we talk about oppressive gender norms and school uniforms? Boys in...Read More
1. What do you think of the Olympics adding mixed gender events?...Read More
1. What did Bill English know, and...Read More
New data shows Aotearoa’s abortion rate has fallen to its lowest in more than 25 years.
Data from Statistics New Zealand released today...Read More
1. Is a mistrial for Bill Cosby a defeat for sexual assault survivors everywhere...Read More
1. Is the leader of ISIS dead? Russia’s defence ministry is...Read More
Can opera be political? If you ask Emma Pearson, the answer is yes.
Pearson is one...Read More
1. Can we talk about teen suicide in NZ? Yet another report shows we still have the highest rate of teen...Read More
You may not have heard much about it, but the Middle East is currently embroiled in its worst...Read More
1. What's going on in North Korea? Dennis Rodman is back,...Read More
1. Can we talk about immigration? Labour is set to reveal plans for an...Read More
“Are you retarded?”
Let’s be honest: we’ve all heard the above. And most of us know it’s incredibly offensive. So why do we keep saying...Read More
1. You sure you want to do that, Donald? After James Comey's...Read More
Can dance be empowering? Sure it can – at least as Ufitia Sagapolutele tells it.
Sagapolutele will be presenting her work Ave as part of...Read More
1. What's next for the UK? Elections have resulted in a hung parliament -...Read More
1. What will happen in UK elections? They're today.
2. How is this OK?! A 10-year-old girl...Read More
Few things are as distressing as waking up and learning a terror attack has happened where your friends and whānau are. While our natural instinct...Read More
1. Can we talk...Read More
1. What do you think of "Sir John Key?" The former PM is among...Read More
1. Will the terror ever end? Another terrorist attack in London.
2. Can we...Read More
1. What happened in Manila? At least...Read More
1. Has Trump doomed the world? It seems likely, now that the...Read More
Dancer Santee Smith is Onkwehon:we (meaning “Real People”) from the Kahnyen’kehàka (Mohawk) Nation, Turtle Clan, Six Nations of the Grand River....Read More
1. Should Margaret Court at the Australian Open be...Read More
1. Is Aotearoa...Read More
1. When a white man attacks people because they're women or minorities...Read More
1. Is the "Russiagate" net closing in on the Orange One himself? Trusted...Read More
1. What's next for Aotearoa's space...Read More
It was the tape heard around the world: then-US presidential candidate Donald Trump, allegedly believing he was off the record, graphically...Read More