TOP 30 OF 2017 - 2. Why do we worship the All Blacks and not the Black Ferns?
- Jan 20, 2018
First published on Friday the 9th of June, 2017, this piece comes in at...Read More
First published on Saturday the 5th of August, 2017, this piece comes in at number 6 in the top 30 most read Villainesse stories of 2017....Read More
First published on Friday the 28th of July, 2017, this piece comes in at number 11 in the top 30 most read Villainesse stories of 2017.
First published on Friday the 19th of May, 2017, this piece comes in at number 14 in the top 30 most read Villainesse stories of 2017.
First published on Thursday the 13th of April, 2017, this piece comes in at...Read More
1. Is #MeToo the watershed moment of our generation? YES.
2. What's...Read More
Bold take: The Last Jedi is the most feminist blockbuster film of 2017....Read More
1. Just how much progress is Saudi Arabia making in regards to women's rights? Women in the...Read More
1. Is social media really ripping apart society? That's the claim being levelled against Facebook by one of its former executives - and it has a...Read More
1. Why does Siri suck at answering questions about sex...Read More
It’s been a big year for feminism. We’ve had a series of triumphs – but we also know we...Read More
1. How appropriate is it that "feminism" is Merriam-Webster's 2017 Word of the...Read More
1. How big of a...Read More
Imagine this: you’re alone, somewhere along a remote stretch of coastline where the air is so cold you can see your breath, and living out of your...Read More
1. How epic was Amber Heard's response to...Read More
1. Now that Hamas has called for a Third Intifada, what’s next for the Holy Land and the...Read More
1. How many people are going to be put in danger over the Orange...Read More
1. Is violence about to explode in the...Read More
Ah, Christmas. The season for giving. After all, what greater joy is there than making other people happy?
But making others happy isn’t...Read More
1. How big of a mistake would the US moving its Israeli embassy to Jerusalem...Read More
1. Did someone try to bomb a Christmas market in Germany? Police in...Read More
1. Should you be worried about the nationwide contraceptive pill shortage? Pharmacies are reporting supplies...Read More
1. Is the fact that prehistoric women were as strong as today's...Read More
Ah, Christmas. The most wonderful time of the year. Or not. After all, while most of us like giving other people presents, it’s the act of buying...Read More
1. Did anyone...Read More
Maybe you love them, maybe you hate them – or maybe you’ve never listened to one. But if you are a fan, you know how hard it can...Read More
Wanted: A woman to be...Read More
1. How rad is Danica...Read More
It has historically been known as a “death sentence”, helped in no small part by campaigns of old that have featured Grim Reapers and...Read More
Apple’s Siri. Microsoft’s Cortana. Amazon’s Alexa.
Such “personal assistant” artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used by millions...Read More
1. What did Jacinda Ardern know, and when did she know it? More questions are being...Read More
1. Is the new NZ...Read More
1. Can leaving the lights on prevent sexual assault? Um, no. Rick Perry, you're an idiot.
2. Why did Trump refuse to renew the term of...Read More
1. What do you think of Forbes' ranking of Jacinda Ardern as the world's 13th...Read More
1. Do you agree with the new government's decision to throw out the old equal pay legislation? New Minister for Women Julie Anne Genter says the...Read More
It’s Rule 34 in real life: think of it, and there’s a “sexy” version of it.
Now, you do you. But remember:...Read More
1. Did you catch Rose McGowan's speech slamming Weinstein? In her first public remarks since...Read More
1. Is it time to pay the Black Ferns? DAMN...Read More
1. How do you feel about the government's planned fuel tax? Aotearoa officially...Read More
1. What do you think of Julie Anne Genter as the new Minister for Women? She...Read More
1. What will it take for men to finally believe there isn't equality in the workplace? They needed to acknowledge the problem a long, long time...Read More
All the cool girls have anxiety. Heck, not just the cool girls – everyone is stressed out to the point of breakdown.
It’s the hot new...Read More
1. Why aren't there more women in Labour's...Read More
1. Is it time to...Read More
1. Why the f--- don't other nations follow France's lead and pass an anti-street harassment law...Read More
Most of us know what these hashtags are, and the unspeakable vileness...Read More
1. Have you been following the #MeToo hashtag? We will not be silenced...Read More
What have you done in the past year?
Finished a huge project? Sat your final exams? Got a new job, or started at a new school? Started...Read More
1. Can we talk about how unacceptable it is for Winston Peters to be taking...Read More
1. How big of a deal is...Read More
1. Now that girls can join, should the Boy Scouts...Read More
Few things on this Earth are as frightening as… a supermarket. Or at least as bamboozling. They’re just confusing. Like, more mystifying that...Read More
1. How big of a deal is it that Catalonia's leaders seem to be hitting...Read More