First published on Monday the 15th of May, 2017, this piece comes in at number 3 in the top 30 most read Villainesse stories of 2017.
1. Ditch the boyfriend and move cities. You will love both the next places you move to.
2. You are having a great time partying; enjoy it. It will be another twenty years before you can pretend you are 21 again.
3. When do you party, do yourself a favour and put a huge glass of water next to your bed for the next morning. Seriously.
4. Most of the friends you have now you will keep and love even more as you get older, so be nice.
5. It doesn't matter what your friends are doing with their lives. You'll figure out your passion eventually.
6. Don’t cry when you find out you are pregnant. It will be the best thing you will ever do. Ever.
7. Being a mother will definitely be hard but you can do it, just like all the other things you think you can't do.
8. Stop fretting about your big bum. Honestly, you can’t see it and everyone else who can loves it.
9. Focus on the things you like about yourself instead, like your excellent laugh.
10. Say, “Yes I can” not, “I'm too dumb”. No one believes that but you, and it’s one of those rare times when you are wrong and everyone else is right.
11. Wear pants more often.
12. You will soon meet the love of your life for the first time and won’t even know it, you are such a dork.
13. Don't worry though, these things have a way of working themselves out.
14. Eat delicious food whenever you can get your hands on it. Especially cheese.
15. Say yes to the random opportunities that come your way, it's almost always worth it for the story.
16. Hard times are coming. Don’t be a pushover, but be grateful for the help you get.
17. Your friends and whanau are your greatest asset. Cherish the time you have with them; for some, it won't ever be long enough.
18. Know that other people are also struggling with the same problems you have…
19. … and one day you'll be able to help them out.
20. Keep your head held high.
21. Consider immediately joining a new political party whose priorities are social and environmental justice… I don't know, the Green Party? You won't regret it.Support Villainesse