Image: New Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern at the University of Auckland / Ulysse Bellier / Wikimedia Commons
1. Is it time to consider doing away with MMP so we never have to wait so long for a Government again? It's worth considering.
2. Is it time for a serious investigation into Wellington College and the wider issue of misogyny in NZ schools? Two Facebook pages linked to Wellington College students have posted memes comparing a feminist student radio show to cancer.
3. Can we talk about New Zealand's serious issues with lashing out at people who call out problems in society? Duncan Garner calling out Taika Waititi for saying things in Aotearoa need to be improved is a new low.
4. Would you even think about doing gymnastics given what we know about the sex abuse problems in gymnastics culture? Two-time Olympic medalist McKayla Maroney says she was abused by a USA Gymnastics team doctor. She's the latest gymnast to outline what appears to be a systematic culture that rewards sexual abusers and punishes the women who speak out. Just like Harvey Weinstein and Hollywood. FFS.
5. Why have Government leaders been so slow to fight back against climate change? Sea levels in Aotearoa have risen by at least 22cm in the past century, according to a new report. Average temperatures have also risen by one degree Celsius - and the effects appear to be getting worse. We are in serious trouble.Support Villainesse